Transcribe Your Audio And Video Files
Written by Idara Akan - 19/05/2016
“The written word endures, the spoken word disappears.” Neil Postman
Why Your Business Needs A Transcription Service
Those of us lucky enough to have attended an event to listen to a great speaker know how frustrating it is not to have a copy of that presentation in print. Even the best of us can’t remember all that was said. Just look around during a conference or seminar. You’ll see people transfixed on high profile speakers.
Make sure you have a documented account of those gems of knowledge shared on the day by using the services of a competent transcription provider.
Convert Your Audio/Video Files
There are four kinds of records: print, web-based, audio and film. For the first two methods, once they have been produced, they are there for anyone to see. But the last two methods need an outputting/projecting medium to be seen or heard. With the rate technology is changing, who knows if you will still have access to recordings that were made say three years ago! So far, the only constant has been the text document either in plain text format or rich text format.
Transcription is the process of converting audio or video recording into text. In text format, an event can easily be found on the internet by search engines thus making it easily – referenced to.
Transcription services (converting audio to text) can be used by organisations such as:
- Corporate: recorded Q&A sessions, interviews, disciplinary hearings, video conferencing and meetings.
- Conferences & Events: keynote speakers at seminars, conferences and events.
- Media & TV: TV programs, podcasts, webcasts and press conferences.
- Academic: research interviews, teaching materials, lectures and seminars, training guides, book compilation, manual configuration.
- Legal: law firms and barristers including, letters, file notes, memos and records of interview.
- Medical & Pharmaceuticals: specialists, hospitals, radiology and medico-legal firms
Why Outsource Your Transcription Jobs
- Doing transcription in-house is time consuming. By outsourcing a task that requires professional knowledge, businesses can better focus on other important tasks.
- The businesses use the transcription services on an as needed basis. Outsourcing will manage the workflow fluctuations and workload. They don’t need to recruit additional employees. They only have to pay when they need work done.
- Outsourcing is more cost effective for companies than having an in-house staff of transcribers. The companies have less overhead: no more vacation pay, sickness pay, other benefits, transcription equipment, less software, less employees and less office space.
- Your audio/video files are delivered to us via email or Dropbox or SkyDrive or Google Drive.
- We listen to your digital sound files and accurately transcribe them so that you have a precise record, in writing, of what you recorded.
- The document is proofread diligently so you don’t have to.
- The transcription, which could be in plain text or MS Word format is emailed to your email address.
Our Turnaround Time
- Two to four business days for four hours of recording or less.
- Up to five business days for additional hours of recording.
Our base rate is very straightforward: N300/minute of taped recording transcribed for ONE voice and N200 for each additional voice. The audio/video should be of reasonably intelligible sound quality.
- This charge is PER MINUTE OF RECORDING transcribed, not of our labour!
- We pro-rate our charges to the minute of digital recording. This way you pay for only the transcription work you receive.
- After you fill out our order form, we can provide you the most exact estimate possible, based on questions we ask about the complexity of the job.
- Discounts for large and/or ongoing orders, non-profits, and students on request.
What We Deem to be Difficult Audio/Videos are those:
- with background noise.
- with people speaking over one another.
- with low-speaking voices that cannot be heard.
- that have been poorly recorded.
- which require frequent timestamps.
- with thick accents.
- with medical or scientific terminology which require research.
- 5M eServices offer the following extra services for all transcription jobs. (Add N200 per audio minute for each of the following services.)
- Verbatim – includes uhs, ums, false starts, and stutters.
- Time Codes – you must specify how often.
- Corrected Grammar – we provide you with a clean, edited transcript with correct grammar
** You must specify that you want these extra services when filling out the details of your files
How To Pay
50% to be paid before the commencement of the transcription job and 50% payable once the deliverable is made.